What makes Terroir™ Coffees the best available anywhere?
We have a deep respect for both the product and producers. Terroir™ has
invested in the entire process of coffee development: production,
sourcing, storing, and roasting.
- We have developed long term relationships with like-minded
producers. We employ extreme scrutiny in the sourcing process,
including endless cuppings both before the purchase decision and after,
to carefully track the coffee’s development and maturation.
- We often buy an entire year’s supply in a single purchase
(once-a-year inventory turnover!), since most coffees are harvested
only once a year. The early bird gets the best pickings.
- We are on the frontier of quality coffee development by encouraging
the production of and by buying boutique micro-lots, specially
harvested and handled to produce denser more concentrated coffees from
a single locality.
- Our storage system is unique. It means our coffees deliver the same
peak of sweetness and aroma consistently throughout the year without
the typical deterioration that natural aging over the year brings on.
See our Storage FAQ for more information.
- Terroir™ uses my signature Full-Flavor roast style. This light
roast style allows the natural sweetness and special aromas of high
quality coffee to stand out and puts the taste emphasis on the bean
rather than the roast style. Additionally, we employ scientific
methodology to test every single batch of coffee we roast.
- We roast your coffee when you order it. Within hours of roasting,
the coffee is packaged in one-way valved foil bags and shipped to you.