Cafe Staff & Aspiring Baristas – George Howell Coffee @ The Boston Public Market
The Boston Public is located at 100 Hanover Street, Boston, next to the Haymarket T Station. We take pride in sourcing and roasting the highest quality coffee and offering it to customers along with great service in a comfortable environment.
George Howell Coffee is an artisanal coffee roaster with a fast paced shop at the Boston Public Market and two cafés, one at the Godfrey Hotel in downtown Boston and Newtonville. As a company, we are passionate about our guests and want them to take part in the adventure as we explore the rainbow of coffee flavors. With deep roots in excellence, we strive to deliver, without overpowering, all the translucent layers of flavor inherent to great coffees. George Howell is committed to our employees, paying above-average wages, promoting education about coffee, and offering career advancement through its mentoring program. We hope to meet you soon.
Our cafe at The Boston Public Market offers competitive hourly wages plus tips, employee discounts, and bonuses.
We are looking for people who possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrates a passion for artisanal products like coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.
- Promote teamwork to guarantee we provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Contagious energy that sets a positive example for other employees.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high stress
- Is self motivated, learns quickly, and multitasks efficiently
- High school diploma, GED, or similar credential, exceptions made for the right candidates
- Maintains punctual and consistent attendance
- Open to feedback for performance improvement
- Applies a logical and methodological approach to problem solving
- Communicates effectively
Duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Ensure customers are warmly received and welcomed, engage in a sincere and friendly manner
- Respond to questions/orders/concerns in a professional manner
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for clues
- Discovers and responds to customer needs
- Facilitate easy dialogue regarding product offerings with customers
- Participate in store wide profit initiatives
- Actively participate in training sessions to advance your coffee education
- Craft beverages that adhere to the company’s quality standards
- Operational tasks include cleaning and maintaining the workspace
- Ability to maintain stationary (e.g. standing) for extended periods of time frequently and be on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift
- Ability to move around the café throughout the day assisting staff and customers as well as performing shift responsibilities constantly
- Ability to move and lift supplies, equipment, boxes and other items up to 50 pounds from floor to shelves, under counter and up a set of stairs frequently
- Ability to position self to move and re-arrange items up to 50 pound frequently
- Ability to shift position in multiple directions and to work all stations in the kitchen and behind the counter in the front of house
- Ability to reach items under counter and overhead on shelves frequently
- Ability to tolerate exposure to cleaning solutions frequently
If you would like to be part of the George Howell Coffee team at The Boston Public Market, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.