Our company is seeking a full-time production supervisor that will help plan, direct and coordinate the work necessary for success in meeting our company goals for growth.
The production supervisor will supervise 3 or more staff. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have excellent communication and organizational skills that can be communicated effectively to subordinates. We are looking for someone with analytical skills. This individual must be focused and have the ability to apply common sense in order to carry out tasks/instructions. Ideally, 1-2 or more years’ production supervisory experience is preferred. This new hire will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow processes, policies and procedures of a coffee roasting company
- Help organize and monitor the flow of work
- Contributes to team effort by participating in team tasks
- Capable of working in a fast paced production environment
- Make sure all safety standards are being met
- Receiving green coffee/other related items related to production
- Stock shelves/racks
- Bag/seal roasted coffee efficiently
- Sense of urgency/ability to reprioritize tasks when needed
- Ability to lift 75lbs on a regular basis
- Pick/pack customer orders efficiently w/goal of 100% accuracy
- Help maintain, clean production/order fulfillment areas at all times
- Held accountable for the job you do/company you represent
- Potential to learn coffee roasting as a backup roaster
- Experience roasting in the artisan coffee industry a plus
- Massachusetts forklift hoisting license a plus
- Baccalaureate degree; relevant experience is preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Physical Requirement: bending; stooping; light, moderate and heavy lifting/ carrying; be able lift a full barrel of roasted coffee overhead weighing up to 75lbs continuously; pushing; reaching above shoulder; ability to do a repetitive motion; and the ability to stand and walk for most of the day.
- Mental Requirement: comprehension, organization, reasoning, communication.
- Ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment thus easily adaptable to frequent changes in critical daily tasks.
- Basic knowledge of excel
- Strong interest in drinking coffee and the coffee industry
- Aptitude with administrative duties.
If you would like to be part of the George Howell Coffee team, please forward your resume to email@example.com.