To our valued customers,
The news changes every day about the Coronavirus. Our highest priority now is to protect the health and wellness of our guests and our staff.
Effective immediately, we made changes to our roastery and café operations. Please be patient with us! It will take some getting used to, but we are doing it for the good of our community.
Here is what to expect—we are:
• Increasing the frequency of our cleaning procedures through the production floor, cupping room and administrative offices to go above and beyond current health code and FDA standards. We’ve added extra time for staff to help with the additional work.
• Offering free UPS SurePost shipping for all orders over $50 through at least April 15th, 2020 so our customers can have plenty of coffee to make at home! That date may be extended depending on updated information from local authorities and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
• Back-stocking coffee to ensure we can continue shipping to both our webstore and wholesale customers.
• Only allowing our employees to access the roasting facility. This includes temporarily suspending the Pickup in Acton option and discouraging walk-in customers. We are sad to miss the chance to meet you—please try visiting us again!
• Providing frequent updates to all of our staff on the coronavirus and giving them procedural information on how to react and support anyone that may have been impacted by the virus.
Responding to COVID-19
Unfortunately, the time has come to temporarily close the doors at our cafes. We will be closed beginning Friday, March 20th and currently plan to reopen April 6th.
Visit us at georgehowellcoffee.com to purchase coffee shipped right to your door. Also, sign up for our newsletter to get the latest information on coffee offerings, COVID-19 updates, and everything in between. Additionally, a selection of our retail beans are available in most Whole Foods supermarkets nearby.
We thank you for your continued support throughout this time. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!
George Howell Coffee