Newly created position of Accountant will be primarily responsible for performing daily accounting activities (AR/AP), reviewing and verifying AP and journal entries, supporting the business with reconciliations, journal entries, tax, audit, reporting and owning the payroll/HR process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned:
- Review and approve vendor invoices/payments
- Routinely review and resolve AP and billing discrepancies, including processing payments
- Liaise with accounting team to assure efficiency and consistency in the billing process/systems
- Works with accounting team on cash management, reconciliations, journal entries, schedules, creating reports for management
- Works with human resources leader to manage company sponsored benefits, onboard/terminate employees, and routinely communicate HR policies to employees
- Manage bi-weekly payroll, maintain payroll related records including PTO accruals, and address discrepancies as needed.
- Assists on audit, taxes and other regulatory reporting as needed
- Complete special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3 plus years of accounting experience or other applicable work experience
- Has a deep understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Must have excellent communication skills, be team oriented, detailed and thorough problem solver with efficient organization/time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel is required including pivot tables.
- In depth knowledge of Quick Books functionality and reporting
- Experience with web-based payroll systems such as ADP, Paylocity, or Paychex.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to identify problems, root cause, and resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Quick Books, module-based accounting software, cloud-based software and other web-based software programs, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Generous Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- 8-hour shift
- Occasional overtime required
- Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Ability to Commute:
- Acton, Massachusetts
- Education: Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s preferred
- We require all employees to be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus or be able to provide a religious or medical exemption. We value our employees’ safety.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.